A goal of the Sustainability Scholars Program is to increase diversity in sustainability-related programs at Virginia Tech. As such, applications from students who identify with minority groups currently underrepresented at Virginia Tech and from first-generation college students are of particular interest.
Program runs for an academic year, with completion in spring.
- Stipend for experiential learning
- LDRS 1015, fall semester
- 1 credit seminar, spring semester
- Open to all first-year, sophomore, and junior undergraduate students from all departments
- Interest in undergraduate research, internship, and study abroad opportunities
- Required Application Materials
- Name and contact information for references
- Cumulative GPA
- Potential advisors
- Personal Statement (500-word maximum): Provide your personal definition of sustainability. Explain your interest in the Sustainability Scholars Program. What would you like to learn more about as a potential Sustainability Scholar? Do you have any current or future goals related to sustainability?
- Applications are due in early March.