Preparing students for their career with hands-on learning opportunities is at the core of what we do. A vital part of that is the required summer internship. Students receive valuable experience and feedback from their supervisor and advisor. We partner with industry to deliver internship programs that benefit both the employer and student.
- After completing 28 credit hours, students that are in good academic standing can complete their internship.
- Students are required to work a minimum of 10 weeks and a minimum of 400 hours in an internship related to their career objective.
The objectives of an Internship are to provide students with opportunities:
- to learn about the occupation of their choice through work experience;
- to test occupational career aspirations;
- to develop a more mature attitude toward their academic and professional preparation;
- to relate classroom instruction to occupational goals;
- to experience situations that cannot be provided in the classroom;
- to operate equipment which may not be available in the University laboratories;
- to acquire experiences gained through business/customer and employer/employee relationships;
- to develop personal qualities such as neatness, politeness, courtesy, and concern for colleagues and clientele; and
- to develop skills related to the process of gaining employment (e.g. resume writing, interviewing, etc.
Your company can benefit from partnering with us to provide a valuable educational experience for future agricultural and green industry professionals! Contact Rachel Kohl to learn more about the opportunity to be an internship host.