AAEC 5054: Strategic Agribusiness Management
Credits: 3 graduate credits
Application of economic theory to operational and strategic decision-making in agribusiness. Analysis and application of the functions of management. Problem recognition and economic analysis of supply chain, marketing, financial, production, and human resource decisions facing agribusiness firms. Assessment of U.S. role in the international marketplace.
Having successfully completed this course, the student will be able to
- Apply economic theory to strategic agribusiness management decision-making.
- Analyze the agribusiness supply chain.
- Assess the role of U.S. agribusiness in the international marketplace.
- Evaluate marketing opportunities for an agribusiness organization.
- Analyze financial statements and production decisions.
- Develop strategies for managing human resources.
Prerequisites and Corequisites