The College of Agriculture and Life Sciences tackles the complex challenges facing our world. Working together, we explore ways to preserve our natural resources and improve the economic prosperity and quality of life for people around the globe — for generations to come.
A group of 18 CALS students experienced some of Ecuador's most diverse regions on an expedition led by Matthew Eick, a professor in the Department of Crop and Soil Environmental Sciences, and Renee Eaton, an instructor and undergraduate program director in the Department of Human Nutrition, Foods, and Exercise.
Might drones be the farmhands of the future? As part of its research to incorporate drone technology into agriculture — one of the major industries with excellent potential for growth — the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences is testing sheep's reactions to unmanned aerial vehicles.
A first-of-its kind biomedical facility in the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences will allow researchers university-wide to study cures and treatments for such diseases as Alzheimer’s, diabetes, HIV, and Hepatitis C.
Alumni James "J." and Renae Pearson, of Lavonia, Georgia, have endowed a faculty position to support the Department of Agricultural and Applied Economics in the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences.
Connect with CALS
- Vaccine access for nation's poorest residents has massive impact on effective flu planning, new Virginia Tech study suggests
- Virginia Tech researchers examine role of fluid flow in ovarian cancer progression
- Students, producers, and economic and policy experts uncover trade risks and opportunities during tenth annual Virginia Governor’s Conference on Agricultural Trade
- 90th Annual Little All-American Dairy Show Mar 24, 2018 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM Livestock Judging Pavilion on Plantation Road
- Women in Agriculture Gathering Mar 24, 2018 9:00 AM - 4:30 PM Farm Bureau, 12580 W. Creek Pkwy., Richmond, VA 23238
- Agricultural Technology Program - Spring Open House Mar 24, 2018 10:00 AM - 2:30 PM 1870 Litton-Reaves Hall
- Rain Barrel Workshop Mar 24, 2018 10:00 AM - 11:30 AM Blue Ridge Library, 28 State Rt. 1400, Roanoke, VA 24012
- Forestry and Timber Management Mar 24, 2018 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM Virginia Cooperative Extension, Orange County, 146 N. Madison Rd., Orange, VA
- Writing Effective Leases Mar 26, 2018 5:30 PM - 8:00 PM Hollymead Fire Rescue Station, 3575 Innovation Dr., Charlottesville, VA