College of Agriculture and Life Sciences
Picture yourself at
Virginia Agricultural Experiment Station Director Search
A national search is being initiated for the position of Associate Dean for Research and Director of Virginia Agricultural Experiment Station.
More details available on the search.
Find your place
1. My academic level will be...
2. I am interested in...
3. Tell me more about...
Center for Advanced Innovation in Agriculture
In the farm of the future, drones will fly over forests and crops to communicate with robots embedded in harvesting equipment on the ground. Virginia Tech is leading the charge to help local communities thrive and spark a new agricultural and natural resources economy.
Our shared future
Every day, in every corner of the world, the college, Extension, and 4-H are helping communities thrive and grow the next generations of leaders. With your support, there is no limit to the impact we can make in our world.
Join us making a difference in our shared future.
We have the Commonwealth covered!
With 107 local Extension offices, eleven Agricultural Research and Extension Centers, and six 4-H educational centers, we are always within reach. Use the map to locate the office or center in your community.
250 Drillfield Drive (0402)
Blacksburg, Virginia 24061
Dean's office: (540) 231-3724
Academic dean: (540) 231-6503
CALS Events Calendar
- Franklin County Youth Livestock Show with Dairy Jun 10, 2023 12:00 AM - 12:00 AM
- Managing Milk Price & Risk Using Futures and Options Markets Understand the principles of the futures market, simulate hedging prices under different scenarios, understand the principles of trading with options, simulate hedging prices with options under different scenarios. Facilitated by Dr. Gonzalo Ferreira, VT School of Animal Sciences and Dr. Hernan Tejeda, Department of Agricultural Economics and Rural Sociology, University of Idaho. Jun 26, 2023 10:00 AM - 1:00 PM Essig Center, Rocky Mount, VA
- Beef Up Three-day hands-on beef processing short-course. Jul 27, 2023 12:00 AM - 12:00 AM
- Beef Up Three-day hands-on beef processing short-course. Jul 28, 2023 12:00 AM - 12:00 AM
- Beef Up Three-day hands-on beef processing short-course. Jul 29, 2023 12:00 AM - 12:00 AM