The College of Agriculture and Life Sciences tackles the complex challenges facing our world. Working together, we explore ways to preserve our natural resources and improve the economic prosperity and quality of life for people around the globe — for generations to come.
Now on Campus
The most technologically advanced anatomy visualization system for anatomy education, the new Anatomage Table in the Department of Human Nutrition, Foods, and Exercise helps students gain advanced knowledge of anatomy.
Albeit pretty, the spotted lanternfly is a terror, damaging agricultural crops and wreaking havoc in homeowners' backyards.
If you see this highly invasive species, report it to CALS researchers so they can track its spread.
A rising senior majoring in agribusiness, Chandler Vaughan will work under the Virginia secretary of agriculture and forestry through the Governor’s Fellows Program, established in 1982 to offer Virginia statecollege students a chance to serve the commonwealth.
Richard Veilleux, the Julian and Margaret Gary Professor of Horticulture and interim head of the Department of Horticulture, received the Virginia Tech Graduate School’s 2018 Faculty Outstanding Mentor Award for the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences.
Andy Swiger Land-Grant Award Winners
Recognizing faculty whose creative accomplishments help fulfill the land-grant mission of addressing state and national needs through teaching, research, and Extension
Learn more about the newest faculty members in the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences.
Connect with CALS
More News »
- University Libraries Data Transformation Lab builds collaboration and enhances research Graduate student Taylor Blackman uses his GIS knowledge to help fellow student researchers transform data in the Data Transformation Studio.
- Natasha Saunders named director of new program to support underrepresented, underserved students In her new role, Saunders will work directly with students to connect them with university resources and opportunities, from job placement to landing internships and studying abroad.
- Jennifer Schafer Zabinsky named Outstanding Recent Undergraduate Alumna of Virginia Tech’s College of Agriculture and Life Sciences Zabinsky, a 2009 graduate of human nutrition, foods, and exercise, is the associate athletics director of sports nutrition at Virginia Tech.
Events Calendar »
- Paper, Paint, and Petals Jun 23, 2018 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM Hampton Roads Agricultural Research and Extension Center, 1444 Diamond Springs Rd., VA Beach, VA
- On-Farm Twilight Vegetable Growers Meeting Jun 25, 2018 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM Lost Corner Farm, 43702 Hibler Rd., Leesburg, VA
- Well, Spring, and Cistern Water Testing Clinic - Henrico County Jun 25, 2018 7:00 PM - 8:00 PM Eastern Henrico Government Center, Multi-purpose Room, Varina, VA
- Pruning: It's All in the Timing! Jun 25, 2018 7:00 PM - 8:00 PM Meyera E. Oberndorf Central Library, 4100 Virginia Beach Blvd., Virginia Beach, VA
- Turf Field Day plus Pesticide Recertification Jun 26, 2018 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM Hampton Roads AREC, 1444 Diamond Springs Road, Virginia Beach, VA