The College of Agriculture and Life Sciences finds ways to preserve our natural resources and improve lives and communities worldwide.
Now on Campus
Fall is spectacular at Virginia Tech ...
An interdisciplinary team of CALS researchers — powered by a newly funded $3.7 million grant from the USDA National Institute of Food and Agriculture — is developing new cultivars of edamame best suited for growth in the United States.
Professor of Biochemistry Jinsong Zhu (pictured at left with his research associate Pengcheng Liu) and his research team have gained insights into the genetics of mosquito reproduction, which could open new avenues of discovery to control the pest and reduce the number of deaths mosquitoes cause every year.
Connect with CALS
CALS Alumni and Friends Tailgate
For alumni, faculty, staff, and friends
Nov. 17 (vs. Miami)
11:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
Litton-Reaves Hall Lawn
CALS News »
- National Thanksgiving Turkey landing at Virginia Tech Gobbler’s Rest again
- Board of Visitors adopts campus master plan, approves construction of new living learning center
- Water experts to study emerging threat of antibiotic resistance
- Bert Dodson Sr. Urban Entomology Enrichment Fund improves lives by battling urban pests
CALS and VCE Events Calendar »
- Interested in Leasing or Buying Farmland? What are your options? Nov 14 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM Olde Dominion Agricultural Complex, 19783 US-29, Chatham, VA 24531, USA
- CAT 90 and 91 Private Pesticide Recertification - Shenandoah Valley Nov 14 6:30 PM - 8:30 PM Broadway High School, 269 Gobbler Dr., Broadway, VA
- Spotted Lanternfly Educational Meeting for Christmas Tree Growers and Nursery Professionals Nov 15 11:00 AM - 2:00 PM Alson H. Smith Jr. AREC, 595 Laurel Grove Rd., Winchester, VA
- Rabbits: Pasture-Raised Commercial Production Nov 15 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM VSU Randolph Farm, 4415 River Rd., Petersburg, VA
- CAT 90 and 91 Private Pesticide License Recertification - Culpeper Nov 15 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM Battlefield Farms Inc., 23190 Clarks Mountain Rd., Rapidan, VA