College of Agriculture and Life Sciences
Picture yourself at
Find your place
1. My academic level will be...
2. I am interested in...
3. Tell me more about...
SmartFarm Innovation NetworkTM
In the farm of the future, drones will fly over forests and crops to communicate with robots embedded in harvesting equipment on the ground. Virginia Tech is leading the charge to help local communities thrive and spark a new agricultural and natural resources economy.
Our shared future
Every day, in every corner of the world, the college, Extension, and 4-H are helping communities thrive and grow the next generations of leaders. With your support, there is no limit to the impact we can make in our world.
Join us making a difference in our shared future.
We have the Commonwealth covered!
With 107 local Extension offices, eleven Agricultural Research and Extension Centers, and six 4-H educational centers, we are always within reach. Use the map to locate the office or center in your community.
250 Drillfield Drive (0402)
Blacksburg, Virginia 24061
Dean's office: (540) 231-3724
Academic dean: (540) 231-6503
- Daniel Sandor named collegiate assistant professor of turfgrass science Daniel Sandor has been named a collegiate assistant professor of turfgrass science in the School of Plant and Environmental Sciences.
- Joshua C. Drake named assistant professor of human nutrition, foods, and exercise Joshua C. Drake has been named an assistant professor in the Department of Human Nutrition, Foods, and Exercise.
- Powered by her family’s history in agriculture, 2020 Computing Innovation Fellow will work to advance the industry Brianna Posadas joined the Department of Agricultural, Community, and Leadership Education in September 2020 as a prestigious 2020 Computing Innovation Fellow – one of only 59 selected across the country.
- Introducing PromethION24: the newest machine to join the Genomics Sequencing Center The new genomics sequencing machine, acquired through a first-of-its-kind USDA equipment grant, will be housed within Steger Hall's Genomics Sequencing Center and will provide genomic data for 18 diverse research groups at Virginia Tech.
CALS Events Calendar
- Food System Financing in Virginia Dec 15, 2020 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM https://bit.ly/317tUSX
- 4H Canine Science - Canine Good Citizen Dec 16, 2020 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM https://virginiatech.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJYqce6vrDkvGt07sFcJJLUqgBrCiKcK1RM4
- 4H Canine Science - Dog Health and Diet Jan 20, 2021 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM Description:https://sites.google.com/vt.edu/canine-science/home