The College of Agriculture and Life Sciences finds ways to preserve our natural resources and improve lives and communities worldwide.
Assistant Professor Jacob Lahne and research associate Katherine Phetxumphou of the Department of Food Science and Technology are using the department’s Sensory Evaluation Lab to conduct a two-part study on how humans perceive the changes in smell and taste that occur throughout the aging process of different American whiskeys. In this first-ever formal sensory study on the aging characteristics, the researchers hope to inform whiskey recipe development and aid distillers in fine-tuning their aging processes.
Connect with CALS
CALS News »
- Government Shutdown: Virginia Tech professor available to explain economic impacts
- Virginia Tech brings together partners in Senegal to tackle youth education, employment
- Susan Campbell named assistant professor of animal and poultry sciences
- Daniel Austin receives conservation award for stewardship and innovation
CALS and VCE Events Calendar »
- Flue-Cured Tobacco Production Meeting Jan 23 12:00 AM - 12:00 AM
- 1A Commercial Pesticide Recertification Jan 23 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM VCPA Annual Meeting, Doubletree by Hilton, 1021 Koger Center Blvd., Richmond, VA
- Produce Safety Alliance Grower Training and Certification Jan 23 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM Tidewater Agricultural Research and Extension Center, 6321 Holland Rd., Suffolk, VA
- Wednesday Walk or Talk Series: Biological Control of the Invasive Tree-of-Heaven Jan 23 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM Hahn Horticulture Garden
- Eastern Shore Agriculture Conference and Trade Show Jan 24 12:00 AM - 12:00 AM
- Flue Cured Tobacco Meeting Jan 24 12:00 AM - 12:00 AM