The College of Agriculture and Life Sciences tackles the complex challenges facing our world. Working together, we explore ways to preserve our natural resources and improve the economic prosperity and quality of life for people around the globe — for generations to come.
Now on Campus
The state-of-the-art Venture Out Challenge Course, part of Recreational Sports, consists of a series of physically challenging obstacles for students, staff, and faculty, as well as off-campus and corporate groups looking to expand their comfort zone, increase fitness, and build teamwork and leadership.
Virginia Cooperative Extension has been awarded a $1.28 million grant for collaborative opioid work through the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s National Institute of Food and Agriculture (NIFA). The grant was one of only six conferred nationally for addressing community needs.
Connect with CALS
More News »
- In memoriam: John F. Hosner, honorary founding dean of the College of Natural Resources and Environment
- Virginia Tech student and coach named international soil judging champions
- Virginia Tech economics departments build rare partnership with Austrian university
- Growing produce from seed to harvest, local children learn the value of nutrition through Market Kids program
Events Calendar »
- Student Event Series: Tour of the Hahn Horticulture Garden Sep 18 5:30 PM - 6:15 PM Hahn Horticulture Garden
- Walk or Talk Series: Mindfulness in the Garden Sep 19 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM Hahn Horticulture Garden
- Sheep Field Day and Forage-based Ram Sale Sep 21 12:00 PM - 7:00 PM Southwest Agriculture Research and Extension Center, Glade Spring, VA
- Foodshed Field School: Manejo de Plagas y Salud del Suelo (Spanish only) Sep 24 2:30 PM - 6:30 PM Potomac Vegetable Farms, PVF West Farmstand, 38369 John Wolford Rd., Purcellville, VA
- Healthy Land for Healthy Horses Sep 25 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM VT MARE Center, 5527 Sullivans Mill Rd., Middleburg, VA