The College of Agriculture and Life Sciences tackles the complex challenges facing our world. Working together, we explore ways to preserve our natural resources and improve the economic prosperity and quality of life for people around the globe — for generations to come.
Now on Campus
The state-of-the-art Venture Out Challenge Course, part of Recreational Sports, consists of a series of physically challenging obstacles for students, staff, and faculty, as well as off-campus and corporate groups looking to expand their comfort zone, increase fitness, and build teamwork and leadership.
Virginia Cooperative Extension has been awarded a $1.28 million grant for collaborative opioid work through the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s National Institute of Food and Agriculture (NIFA). The grant was one of only six conferred nationally for addressing community needs.
Connect with CALS
More News »
- Milk protein shown to alleviate chemotherapy side effects could enhance patients’ recovery
- Students examine impacts of pipeline construction through ecological and cultural lens
- Corps of Cadets alumni Capts. Matthew and Candace Weiser named Old Dominion game Hokie Heroes
- CALS Global Opportunity Initiative fellows launch partnerships in Kenya
Events Calendar »
- Healthy Land for Healthy Horses Sep 25 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM VT MARE Center, 5527 Sullivans Mill Rd., Middleburg, VA
- WEBINAR: Turfgrass Tuesday - Promoting Bluebirds Sep 25 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM WEBINAR
- Walk or Talk Series: Meet the Artist Gerri Young Sep 26 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM Hahn Horticulture Garden
- Growing Industrial Hemp in the Shenandoah Valley Sep 26 6:30 PM - 8:30 PM Mt. Jackson Fire Hall, 6155 Main St., Mt. Jackson, VA
- Low Stress Weaning Workshop Sep 27 4:30 PM - 8:30 PM Bar W Ranch, 1477 Ridge Rd., Bridgewater, VA