College of Agriculture and Life Sciences
Welcome to the
Find your place
1. My academic level will be...
2. I am interested in...
3. Tell me more about...
SmartFarm Innovation NetworkTM
In the farm of the future, drones will fly over forests and crops to communicate with robots embedded in harvesting equipment on the ground. Virginia Tech is leading the charge to help local communities thrive and spark a new agricultural and natural resources economy.
Our shared future
Every day, in every corner of the world, the college, Extension, and 4-H are helping communities thrive and grow the next generations of leaders. With your support, there is no limit to the impact we can make in our world.
Join us making a difference in our shared future.
We have the Commonwealth covered!
With 107 local Extension offices, eleven Agricultural Research and Extension Centers, and six 4-H educational centers, we are always within reach. Use the map to locate the office or center in your community.
250 Drillfield Drive (0402)
Blacksburg, Virginia 24061
Dean's office: (540) 231-3724
Academic dean: (540) 231-6503
- Kodi Ravichandran to speak about phagocytes at Virginia Tech Life Science Seminar Kodi Ravichandran, the Harrison Distinguished Teaching Professor of Microbiology from the University of Virginia’s School of Medicine, will speak at the Virginia Tech Life Science Seminar (VTLSS) on Friday, March 5 at 12:00 p.m.
- Chevon Thorpe appointed assistant dean of inclusion, diversity, and equity in the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences Thorpe will be responsible for the strategic direction of the college diversity, equity, and inclusion activities, which includes promoting a diverse, equitable, and respectful environment for faculty, staff, and students.
- College of Agriculture and Life Sciences launches Center for Advanced Innovation in Agriculture to prepare industry for future The Center for Advanced Innovation in Agriculture will focus on scientific discovery and the application of technology-driven innovative solutions for the agricultural challenges of tomorrow.
- Grant aims to accelerate sustainable shellfish aquaculture and boost Virginia coastal economies To help bring seafood aquaculture farming on par with its land-based counterparts, the Virginia Seafood AREC received a $750,000 grant from the U.S. Department of Agriculture as part of a multi-institutional effort to accelerate sustainable farming efforts.
CALS Events Calendar
- Greenhouses, hydroponics, and precision agriculture Mar 01, 2021 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM https://aaec.vt.edu/extension/va-sustainable-farms-agribusinesses.html
- Seminar Jamie Jarrett, Ph.D., Nutrition Consultant, Alpha Dairy Consulting - Nutrition Consulting Mar 04, 2021 4:00 PM - 11:59 PM Via Zoom
- Seminar Dave Winston, M.S. & Megan Seibel, Ph.D - VALOR: A Journey of Leadership and Personal Growth in Agriculture and Natural Resources Mar 11, 2021 4:00 PM - 11:59 PM Via Zoom
- Seminar Stephanie Langel, Ph.D., Postdoctoral Research Fellow at The Duke Human Vaccine Institute - Research & Social Media Mar 18, 2021 4:00 PM - 11:59 PM Via Zoom
- Seminar Mark Ellett, DASC Graduate Student - Feeding Seaweed as a Potential Method to Reduce Enteric Methane Emissions in Lactating Dairy Cows Mar 25, 2021 4:00 PM - 11:59 PM Via Zoom