College of Agriculture and Life Sciences
Welcome to the
Find your place
1. My academic level will be...
2. I am interested in...
3. Tell me more about...
SmartFarm Innovation NetworkTM
In the farm of the future, drones will fly over forests and crops to communicate with robots embedded in harvesting equipment on the ground. Virginia Tech is leading the charge to help local communities thrive and spark a new agricultural and natural resources economy.
Our shared future
Every day, in every corner of the world, the college, Extension, and 4-H are helping communities thrive and grow the next generations of leaders. With your support, there is no limit to the impact we can make in our world.
Join us making a difference in our shared future.
We have the Commonwealth covered!
With 107 local Extension offices, eleven Agricultural Research and Extension Centers, and six 4-H educational centers, we are always within reach. Use the map to locate the office or center in your community.
250 Drillfield Drive (0402)
Blacksburg, Virginia 24061
Dean's office: (540) 231-3724
Academic dean: (540) 231-6503
- Medical student’s research uncovers bacterial strain that has positive effect on brain development Miranda Creasey’s research may contribute to a better understanding of what leads to the development of conditions like autism.
- Meet the latest member of Hokie Nation, a newly discovered millipede that lives at Virginia Tech Virginia Tech Professor Paul Marek and his lab have discovered and named a new millipede, the Hokie twisted-claw millipede Nannaria hokie. The millipede was discovered on Virginia Tech campus and was named in honor of the university.
- College of Agriculture and Life Sciences launches Center for Advanced Innovation in Agriculture to prepare industry for future The Center for Advanced Innovation in Agriculture will focus on scientific discovery and the application of technology-driven innovative solutions for the agricultural challenges of tomorrow.
- Grant aims to accelerate sustainable shellfish aquaculture and boost Virginia coastal economies To help bring seafood aquaculture farming on par with its land-based counterparts, the Virginia Seafood AREC received a $750,000 grant from the U.S. Department of Agriculture as part of a multi-institutional effort to accelerate sustainable farming efforts.
CALS Events Calendar
- Social Media and Marketing for Farmers Mar 09, 2021 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM
- Master Cattlemen's Program Mar 09, 2021 6:30 PM - 8:00 PM
- Layering Your Landscape Mar 09, 2021 6:30 PM - 8:00 PM
- Direct marketing to consumers through farmers' markets and other channels Mar 10, 2021 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM
- Quickbooks Online Training Mar 11, 2021 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
- Farm Pond Management 101 Mar 11, 2021 10:00 AM - 10:00 AM