The College of Agriculture and Life Sciences uses the land-grant model of research, education, and outreach to tackle the complex challenges facing our world. Working together, we are exploring ways to preserve our natural resources and improve the economic prosperity and quality of life for people around the globe — not only today, but for generations to come.
A look back at 2017 at Virginia Tech
A year of growth, learning, and momentum, 2017 was filled with breakthrough moments.
- Killer weed in East Africa no match for Virginia’s land-grant institutions
- Virginia Cooperative Extension, Walmart bring healthy living education to youth
- Virginia Tech supports efforts to preserve Mongolian nomadic traditions
- Shifting temperatures to alter household electricity expenses, researchers find
- Scientists discover how parasite hacks into its host’s genes in plant-to-plant warfare