College of Agriculture and Life Sciences
Find your place
1. My academic level will be...
2. I am interested in...
3. Tell me more about...
Center for Advanced Innovation in Agriculture
In the farm of the future, drones will fly over forests and crops to communicate with robots embedded in harvesting equipment on the ground. Virginia Tech is leading the charge to help local communities thrive and spark a new agricultural and natural resources economy.
Our shared future
Every day, in every corner of the world, the college, Extension, and 4-H are helping communities thrive and grow the next generations of leaders. With your support, there is no limit to the impact we can make in our world.
Join us making a difference in our shared future.
We have the Commonwealth covered!
With 107 local Extension offices, eleven Agricultural Research and Extension Centers, and six 4-H educational centers, we are always within reach. Use the map to locate the office or center in your community.
250 Drillfield Drive (0402)
Blacksburg, Virginia 24061
Dean's office: (540) 231-3724
Academic dean: (540) 231-6503
- Workshop to discuss inclusive pedagogy through the lens of health, nutrition, and exercise
- Pavli Mykerezi honored with emeritus status A member of the Virginia Tech faculty since 2006, Mykerezi’s scholarship focused on the role of career and technical education in socio-economic development and made significant contributions to experiential learning through his work in agricultural technology focusing on expanding agricultural technology programs globally.
- Virginia Tech’s Center for Advanced Innovation in Agriculture hosts tent at Aug. 5 Virginia Ag Expo Producers can learn about not only the current technologies available to them, but also the ones that will help them in the years to come from the Center for Advanced Innovation in Agriculture
- Students use drones to measure soil moisture levels for research project Three Virginia Tech seniors researched how drones could identify soil moisture for a class project in School of Plant and Environmental Sciences Professor Kang Xia’s Monitoring and Analysis of the Environment course.
CALS Events Calendar
- Twilight Vegetable and Fruit Grower Meetings Aug 02, 2021 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM Messick's Farm Market, 6025 Catlett Rd., Bealeton, VA
- Tri-State Beef Conference Aug 05, 2021 8:00 AM - 3:00 PM Ron Ramsey Regional Agriculture Center, 140 Spurgeon Ln, Blountville, TN 37617, USA
- State 4-H/FFA Dairy Youth Field Day Aug 06, 2021 12:00 AM - 12:00 AM
- Small Diversified Farm And Farmers Market Tour Aug 09, 2021 9:00 AM - 11:30 PM Dug In Farms, 155 Fleet's Bay Rd., White Stone, VA 25578
- Small Farm Orientation Aug 09, 2021 9:00 AM - 11:00 AM
- Quickbooks Workshop Aug 10, 2021 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM Prince Edward County Extension Office, 100 Dominion Dr, Farmville, VA 23901