College of Agriculture and Life Sciences
Find your place
1. My academic level will be...
2. I am interested in...
3. Tell me more about...
SmartFarm Innovation NetworkTM
In the farm of the future, drones will fly over forests and crops to communicate with robots embedded in harvesting equipment on the ground. Virginia Tech is leading the charge to help local communities thrive and spark a new agricultural and natural resources economy.
Our shared future
Every day, in every corner of the world, the college, Extension, and 4-H are helping communities thrive and grow the next generations of leaders. With your support, there is no limit to the impact we can make in our world.
Join us making a difference in our shared future.
We have the Commonwealth covered!
With 107 local Extension offices, eleven Agricultural Research and Extension Centers, and six 4-H educational centers, we are always within reach. Use the map to locate the office or center in your community.
250 Drillfield Drive (0402)
Blacksburg, Virginia 24061
Dean's office: (540) 231-3724
Academic dean: (540) 231-6503
- Virginia Tech researchers identify a missing piece of the Lyme disease puzzle Virginia Tech Assistant Professor Brandon Jutras and his lab have continued to tackle the Lyme disease epidemic over the past year, and they have recently identified another missing piece of the Lyme disease puzzle.
- Caitlin Bowman named 2021 Outstanding Senior for the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences Hands-on experience is how Bowman defines her time at Virginia Tech and in the Department of Human Nutrition, Foods, and Exercise. It also helped in the drive that led her to become this year’s College of Agriculture and Life Sciences’ Outstanding Senior.
- New Virginia Seafood Agricultural Research and Extension Center construction progressing on schedule The Virginia Seafood AREC is at the heart of an industry that has an annual economic impact of more than $550 million, accounts for more than 5,600 jobs, and increases the state’s economic portfolio.
- College of Agriculture and Life Sciences launches Center for Advanced Innovation in Agriculture to prepare industry for future The Center for Advanced Innovation in Agriculture will focus on scientific discovery and the application of technology-driven innovative solutions for the agricultural challenges of tomorrow.