AAEC 5074: Agricultural and Food Policy
Credits: 3 graduate credits
Policy issues related to trade, farm bills, natural resource preservation, and food, nutrition, and health. Global forces impacting U.S. policy. Local, state, and national legislative process. Stakeholder influence on the policy-making process. Policy impacts on stakeholders.
Having successfully completed this course, the student will be able to:
- Analyze policy and public programs related to trade, farm bills, natural resource preservation, and food, nutrition, and health;
- Assess global forces impacting U.S. policy;
- Analyze local, state, and national legislative processes;
- Evaluate stakeholder influence on the policy-making process; and
- Summarize impacts of policy on farmers and consumers.
Prerequisites and Corequisites