Are you thinking about transferring to the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences at Virginia Tech? The Office of Academic Programs can answer any questions you may have as you prepare to transfer into CALS.
Upcoming events for transfer students
- Virginia Tech and CALS Scholarship Application Deadline: January 22, 2018
- Transfer Advising Day: December 8, 2017
- Transfer Application deadline: February 15, 2018
- Transfers in the Know: Early May 2018 - More info to come!
Top 10 things to know about transferring to VT
- Plan ahead - Come visit us at the Office of Academic Programs.
- Know what credits actually transfer - Consult the University Registrar's Transfer Guide to see what courses are suggested and required for transferring to Virginia Tech.
- Keep in contact - Meet with your community college advisor/current college advisor often to ensure you're taking all the right courses.
- Check-out CALS majors, minors, and academic programs.
- Keep track of important deadlines - Office of Undergraduate Admissions Dates and Deadlines for Transfers.
- Attend the Transfer Orientation in June.
- Stay focused - Set academic goals and prepare.
- Get involved - Clubs and Organizations.
- Get advice from a CALS transfer advisor: Jennifer Carr at email@example.com or Cindy Beatty at firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Get excited about being a Hokie!
Transferring from VCCS or Richard Bland?
Students will be guaranteed admission into CALS after completion of the associate degree with a minimum GPA of 3.0, a signed letter of intent, and the completion of specified curriculum to meet basic requirements in consultation with designated college advisors within the Virginia Community College System (VCCS).
Important: Financial Aid Deadlines
Please note that there are two important financial aid deadlines that fall BEFORE the Transfer Application for Admission deadline of February 15th:
Scholarship application deadline is JANUARY 22
FAFSA priority filing deadline is JANUARY 15
To ensure you are competitive for the maximum number of scholarships, grants, federal loans, and work-study funding, we recommend that you submit all three applications (Transfer Admissions Application, Scholarship Application, and FAFSA) by January 22. You need to submit your application for admission BEFORE you can apply for financial aid. Supporting documentation for your application for admission (transcripts, etc.) can still be submitted after January 22.
Please aim to complete your FAFSA by January 15, as that will still make you eligible for grants, federal loans, and work-study funding.
Please know that transfer students who apply for admission after these financial aid deadlines will still be fully competitive for admission, but you may not be eligible for financial aid.
Director of Student Recruitment
1060 Litton Reaves Hall (0334)
175 West Campus Drive, Virginia Tech
Blacksburg, VA 24061