College of Agriculture and Life Sciences
Find your place
1. My academic level will be...
2. I am interested in...
3. Tell me more about...
SmartFarm Innovation NetworkTM
In the farm of the future, drones will fly over forests and crops to communicate with robots embedded in harvesting equipment on the ground. Virginia Tech is leading the charge to help local communities thrive and spark a new agricultural and natural resources economy.
Our shared future
Every day, in every corner of the world, the college, Extension, and 4-H are helping communities thrive and grow the next generations of leaders. With your support, there is no limit to the impact we can make in our world.
Join us making a difference in our shared future.
We have the Commonwealth covered!
With 107 local Extension offices, eleven Agricultural Research and Extension Centers, and six 4-H educational centers, we are always within reach. Use the map to locate the office or center in your community.
250 Drillfield Drive (0402)
Blacksburg, Virginia 24061
Dean's office: (540) 231-3724
Academic dean: (540) 231-6503
- Bold career choice leads to alumnus earning Teacher of the Year honor Phil Arnold expected to enjoy a long career in engineering after graduating from Virginia Tech, but a decision to fill in as a substitute teacher at a school in Frederick County, Maryland, changed his life — and led to him being named The Washington Post 2020-21 Teacher of the Year.
- Conservation partners launch ‘4TheSoil’ awareness initiative The 4TheSoil campaign kicks off on Wednesday, June 23 – National Soil Health Day. This celebration recognizes soil professionals, farmers, and growers who are focused not only on conservation but also on feeding and enhancing our global soil health.
- New Virginia Seafood Agricultural Research and Extension Center construction progressing on schedule The Virginia Seafood AREC is at the heart of an industry that has an annual economic impact of more than $550 million, accounts for more than 5,600 jobs, and increases the state’s economic portfolio.
- College of Agriculture and Life Sciences launches Center for Advanced Innovation in Agriculture to prepare industry for future The Center for Advanced Innovation in Agriculture will focus on scientific discovery and the application of technology-driven innovative solutions for the agricultural challenges of tomorrow.
CALS Events Calendar
- June is Dairy Month Deadline for submissions. Must be postmarked by today. Jun 15, 2021 12:00 AM - 12:00 AM
- Flower Field Walk and Demonstration Jun 15, 2021 9:00 AM - 10:00 AM Randolph Farm
- Marketing Your Farm Products (Promotion, Pricing, Packaging & Display) Jun 16, 2021 9:00 AM - 11:00 AM
- The Hospitable Gardener: Welcoming Birds to Your Garden Jun 18, 2021 10:00 AM - 11:30 AM
- Bees and Mushrooms - Farm Field Day Jun 19, 2021 10:00 AM - 12:30 PM
- USDA Information Session Jun 24, 2021 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM