College of Agriculture and Life Sciences
Find your place
1. My academic level will be...
2. I am interested in...
3. Tell me more about...
Center for Advanced Innovation in Agriculture
In the farm of the future, drones will fly over forests and crops to communicate with robots embedded in harvesting equipment on the ground. Virginia Tech is leading the charge to help local communities thrive and spark a new agricultural and natural resources economy.
Our shared future
Every day, in every corner of the world, the college, Extension, and 4-H are helping communities thrive and grow the next generations of leaders. With your support, there is no limit to the impact we can make in our world.
Join us making a difference in our shared future.
We have the Commonwealth covered!
With 107 local Extension offices, eleven Agricultural Research and Extension Centers, and six 4-H educational centers, we are always within reach. Use the map to locate the office or center in your community.
250 Drillfield Drive (0402)
Blacksburg, Virginia 24061
Dean's office: (540) 231-3724
Academic dean: (540) 231-6503
- Virginia Tech progresses in reducing single-use plastic and solid waste Long-term operational and engagement opportunities around recycling, waste reduction have helped accelerate university compliance with Executive Order 77 on single-use plastics.
- 45th Annual Fall Forestry and Wildlife Field Tours begin Oct. 14 The tours offer the opportunity to spend a day in the field learning about a variety of woodland and wildlife management activities.
- Powered by food (waste): Virginia Tech researchers discover potential method to convert food waste into batteries As the world works toward economically and environmentally friendly ways to power these devices, two Virginia Tech researchers investigate how food waste and its associated biomass can be converted into rechargeable batteries.
- Animal and poultry sciences Ph.D. candidate receives grant to study PTSD differences between males and females Taylor McFadden earned a rare National Institute of Mental Health supplement grant that covers the final two years of her Ph.D. program.
CALS Events Calendar
- Nature Walk on Randolph Farm's Trail in the Woods Sep 16, 2021 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM
- Farm Safety Day in Greene County Topics covered include safe cattle handling, bull selection, workers comp, and farm liability Dinner provided, but you must RSVP by September 10 if you plan to eat (e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 434-985-5236 to RSVP) Sep 16, 2021 4:00 PM - 8:00 PM
- Risk Management Seminar for Cattle Producers Sep 21, 2021 5:30 PM - 8:00 PM Rockingham VCE, 905 Pleasant Valley Rd., Harrisonburg
- 2021 Virginia Soybean Field Day Join us for the latest soybean research from Virginia Tech including: o Soybean breeding & variety development o Edamame breeding and technology updates o Soybean varieties for Virginia growers o Soybean disease management o Improving breeding selection efficiency through remote sensing Sep 23, 2021 8:30 AM - 12:00 PM Eastern Virginia Agricultural Research and Extension Center
- Southwest AREC Forage Based Ram Test Sale and Field Day Sep 24, 2021 12:00 AM - 12:00 AM
- State Fair Junior Dairymen's Contest Entry deadline: September 17 Sep 24, 2021 12:00 AM - 12:00 AM