The College of Agriculture and Life Sciences finds ways to preserve our natural resources and improve lives and communities worldwide.
SmartFarm Innovation Network
Harnessing technology to drive future economies
Create a decentralized network of interconnected centers across the commonwealth where Virginia Tech's interdisciplinary researchers and Virginia Cooperative Extension specialists can partner with industries to develop and deploy innovative technologies to increase overall efficiency, resilience, and sustainability of food, agricultural, and natural resources production systems.
We dig deeper, seek higher, reach farther than ever before ... not because we can, but because we must. We are the Virginia Tech College of Agriculture and Life Sciences.
Connect with CALS
CALS News »
- Students explore South Africa through agriculture
- Virginia Tech faculty forge partnerships with peers at the University of São Paulo to tackle global food issues
- Conference sparks further conversations about current U.S. trade climate
- Agricultural entomology student seeks slug management strategies in the Shenandoah Valley
CALS and VCE Events Calendar »
- 2019 Virginia Women in Agriculture Gathering Mar 22 12:00 AM - 12:00 AM
- Communicating with Farmers Under Stress Mar 25 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM Blue Ridge Community College, Weyers Cave
- In-Depth Tree Fruit Meeting Mar 26 7:00 AM - 8:30 AM Alson H. Smith Jr. AREC (Winchester Fruit Lab) at 595 Laurel Grove Road, Winchester, Virginia
- In-Depth Tree Fruit Meeting Mar 26 7:00 PM - 8:30 PM Alson H. Smith Jr. AREC (Winchester Fruit Lab) at 595 Laurel Grove Road, Winchester, Virginia
- Walk or Talk: Bee-friendly Beef - using wildflowers in pastures Mar 27 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM Hahn Horticulture Garden