Policies and Procedures
- Federal Civil Rights Compliance Policies and Guidelines
- All Virginia Agricultural Experiment Station (VAES) faculty are expected to comply with Federal Civil Rights requirements. Civil Rights Compliance training is provided to make you aware of those expectations. Sign up for the training >>
- All VAES faculty with full or partial Extension appointments, will also find the resources on the Virginia Cooperative Extension intranet useful.
- Plant Germplasm Release Policy
- Intellectual Property (PDF | 843KB)
- Hatch and Multistate Projects
- Who is required to have these projects?
- Preparing a VAES project
- Annual reporting requirements
- All work supported directly or indirectly by Hatch or McIntire-Stennis proposal funds must have the following acknowledgement of support: “Funding for this work was provided in part by the Virginia Agricultural Experiment Station and the Hatch Program of the National Institute of Food and Agriculture, U.S. Department of Agriculture.”
Required for all College of Agriculture and Life Sciences proposals, or proposals in which faculty members are co-investigators.
- Download Signature Form (DOC | 50KB) – This form is required only for proposals that are not submitted through the college's online proposal system.
In 2002, the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences (CALS) research division established the Award for Research Excellence for the purpose of promoting research in the college.
To achieve this purpose, CALS Research annually presents two Awards for Research Excellence to two CALS faculty members who have reached a level of research achievement that is judged to be the most significant within their discipline. One award recognizes excellence in conducting basic research, while the other rewards excellence in mission-oriented or applied research.
For more information, contact Robin Williams.
- International Travel Supplemental Grants Program
- Office of the Vice President for Research’s Funding Opportunities
- Networked Learning Initiatives
- Promotion and Tenure
- University Organizational and Professional Development
Training and Workshops
Visit the Virginia Cooperative Extension marketing tools page to download the Extension, Virginia State University, and Virginia Agricultural Experiment Station logos.