The College of Agriculture and Life Sciences is committed to creating a climate that reflects the diversity of its students, staff, and faculty in its teaching, research projects, Extension programs, and international activities. Likewise, the college respects individuals for their unique qualities and their many contributions toward enhancing a culturally rich environment at the university.
The College Diversity Council provides college-wide leadership to promote diversity, guides the recruitment and retention of employees, and supports the inclusion of all people in educational programs and services.
The council’s goal is to support Virginia Tech in its quest to be a supportive academic environment that is fully cognizant of individual differences. The council is also committed to help each person fulfill his or her potential for academic excellence.
Advancing the Human Condition
Nov. 28-30, 2017
The Inn at Virginia Tech
October 10, 2017
Diversity in Agriculture and Life Science Panel Discussion
April 25, 2017
Inclusion in Action
- Virginia Tech's sesquicentennial class is a diverse group The class of 2022 comes to campus with a higher academic profile and includes more underrepresented and underserved students than last year’s first-year class. Jul 09, 2018
- Talented high school students experience Hokie life during Black College Institute Rising high school seniors participated in a five-day academic summer enrichment program at Virginia Tech’s main campus in Blacksburg. Jun 28, 2018
- How Virginia Tech is removing barriers of entry for underserved and underrepresented students The university is shifting to an application model developed by the Coalition for Access, Affordability, and Success, whose members include the College of William and Mary, James Madison University, and the University of Virginia. Jun 21, 2018
- Natasha Saunders named director of new program to support underrepresented, underserved students In her new role, Saunders will work directly with students to connect them with university resources and opportunities, from job placement to landing internships and studying abroad. Jun 20, 2018
- College of Science’s Gary Long receives Sally Bohland Excellence in Access and Inclusion Award The Sally Bohland award was established in 2011 to recognize a faculty member who is a model for others and whose leadership fosters a culture of access and inclusion. Jun 08, 2018
- Virginia Tech hosts first national APLU Faculty Success and Development Meeting Faculty leaders and administrators from across the country gathered at the Virginia Tech Research Center - Arlington last week to share ideas and perspectives on topics impacting each institution's academic enterprise. Jun 05, 2018
- Virginia Master Naturalist chapter publishes guide to the state’s poisonous plants Jul 12, 2018
- Virginia Tech researchers discover insights into HIV with implications for drug development Jul 09, 2018
- Escalating trade war with China will hurt farmers and consumers, expert says Jul 06, 2018
- Study explores connections between land management, water quality, and human response in lake catchments Jul 03, 2018