HNFE 5684/PHS 5214: Program Development in Health Education
|Concentration: Applied Nutrition and Physical Activity
Credits: 3 graduate credit(s)
Theory, trends, and design of community health education programs implemented in communities, health agencies, hospitals, and industry.
- Conduct a community needs assessment.
- Identify and explain specific health problems.
- Explain the relationship between health problems and quality of life.
- Analyze antecedents to health behavior.
- Develop a program designed to impact a specific health problem.
- Develop culturally competent interventions.
- Adapt interventions to diverse audiences.
- Plan an evaluation.
Prerequisites and Corequisites