The purpose of the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences Faculty Association is to foster the involvement of faculty in College and University affairs and decision making. All CALS faculty are strongly encouraged to participate in CALSFA. If you are a tenure-track, non-tenure track, or administrative/professional faculty member in our college, this is YOUR association.
Examples of recent CALSFA activities and actions include:
- Bring faculty issues forward to College administration
- Organize faculty forums on timely issues such as promotion and tenure
- Host CALS faculty social events
- Engage and inform new faculty by participating in the new faculty orientation workshop
- Contribute funds to the College teaching award
- Organize and handle elections for shared governance at the College and University level